Basil O’Hagan started the Brazen Head Franchising business in 2003 with the first restaurant being opened in Edenvale. With an infectious enthusiasm for developing outstanding franchising strategies, The Brazen Head Franchising Group will assist you in winning the marketing battle for customers, brand loyalty and overall business success. The Brazen Head Franchising Programme is not written on a whim, nor is it based on old methods or failed promises. On the contrary, it was developed following years of research and ideas are polished, modified and refined to meet the needs of an ever-changing and demanding market place. In December 2013 Basil O’Hagan sold the Brazen Head Franchising Group to Ralph Rojahn.
About the FounderA Highly Successful Programme
A Shared Vision
It is, rather, a force in management hearts, a force of impressive power. It may be inspired by an idea but, once it goes further, it is compelling enough to acquire the support of more than one person – it is no longer an abstraction. It is palpable. People begin to see it as if it exists. Few, if any, forces in human affairs are as forceful as the shared vision for The Brazen Head Irish Restaurant and Pub.
– A shared vision is not an idea
Values and Mission StatementWhat you can see at The Brazen Heads
- Making guest delight the sole focus of our business.
- Quality in everything we think, say and do.
- Sound financial management and the addition of only those costs that result in direct benefits to our guests and our franchisees.
- Believing that the individual is paramount.
- Believing in a holistic total system approach to the resolution of problems.
- A planning system that includes inter alia a strategic plan, long-term goals and short-term targets updated annually and quarterly.
- Continuous improvement and an open mind to new ideas and technologies.
- Being a harmonious team committed to common goals.
To be the most successful operator and franchisor of authentic Irish Restaurants and Pubs in South Africa. We will deliver:
- awesome customer service;
- value for money food and beverage items
- in a challenging and rewarding environment, while sustaining our long-term profitability in a fiercely competitive food service market place
Background And Concept
The Brazen Head is a ‘living’, authentic Irish Restaurant and Pub, situated in the heart of medieval Dublin. To eat and drink in The Brazen Head is to continue a proud tradition stretching back over 800 years. The Brazen Head is Ireland’s oldest restaurant and pub and combines all of the essential features of a traditional Irish pub to create a truly unique atmosphere. Dubliners were enjoying food and drink in The Brazen Head a few hundred years before Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492. The Brazen Head is also mentioned in James Joyce’s “Ulysses”, Ireland’s famous literary son was drinking there around the same time as Henry Ford was building his first motor car.
The restaurant’s history is interwoven with the Irish nationalist movement and the fight for independence, which eventually created the modern Irish State. Robert Emmet is reputed to have planned the rising of 1803 with fellow nationalists in The Brazen Head. The Brazen Head offers the very best in food, traditional Irish music on disc and craic. “Over 800 Years of respectable eating and drinking celebrated!”